Wednesday 18 June 2014

Fayemi will regret June 21 election –Fayose

                                                                      Ayo Fayose
The Ekiti State governorship candidate of Peoples Democratic Party, Ayo Fayose, has said that Governor Kayode Fayemi of the All Progressives Congress will regret participating in the governorship election..

Fayose accused the Ekiti government of being out of touch with people in Ekiti.

He said that Fayemi was only able to win the 2010 governorship election because he supported him.

“The mistake of my opponents is not to have won the love of the people with the state powers that they have – they will regret it on June 21.

“My love affair with the masses of Ekiti started since year 2000 when Niyi Adebayo was still the governor. Three years before election, I was been connected to the people at the grassroots. When I speak to them, they see my heart is filled with love for them.

“If love affairs demand an exchange of gifts, I am not wary of exchanging gifts with the people of my state. They do the same to me too. If my opponents speak in front of the crowd and I also do so, they know who the people will follow. That is why Fayemi needed me in 2010, he said.

“Let me say this here, “Whoever sheds the blood of the innocent in this election will pay it fivefold with his own family members.

“I am not distracted – our people are working everywhere and I am proud to be leading such a great team of committed Ekiti people,” he said.

Fayose also denied the rumour that he was giving out bags of expired rice to people in Ekiti state. Last week, there were allegations, especially online that the PDP governorship candidate was distributing bags of rice that had expired since 2006.

“Those who have been paid to attack me online – the head of the Ekiti people will demand the money from you, one way or another.


“I remember when Gov. Segun Oni of PDP was giving free lunch to primary students in the state – the APC said he had laced the food with juju. I am not surprised but I will say this – anyone who visits graveyards for rituals can never confront the power of God Almighty,” the former governor of Ekiti State said.

No comments:

Post a Comment